Saturday 11 April 2015

business cards


for my business cards i wanted to do an unique design for them instead of using one of my final pieces from my university project in hope that it will show more of my personality and range of artist skills. 

when i did reserarch into business cards i found that the majority of them used an animal or creature to represent their personality. so i did a few sketches of wolves (as i have a tattoo of one) and a fox because i have gingery hair and im an adaptable person. i looked at having a realistic style or cartoony. but i felt like even though i connected to these animals i could find something more unique. 
I thought about the pets i have had over the years and came to the conclusion that to have one of my ferrets in my business cards would be funny and adorable. as a pet they are very curious, playful and full of energy. 

 so i started to sketch out a few ideas to include a ferret.
below is the official mock up


i started to go into detail on painting my ferret trying to create a mixture of realistic and cartoon-y


after finishing the ferret i went ahead to do a self portrait. 
i wanted to create a disney style for myself as i love disney movies and the way they are drawn plus it would give me quite a feminine aesthetic. 

i took quite a few reference photos to get the pose correct as it was quite difficult to find a similar pose online. below are two alternate version as i have dyed my hair blonde recently but it is originally ginger. 



here is the finished version:

No comments:

Post a Comment